UPI was awarded the 2019 IL-17 Jackson Generation Meter Station project for Alliance Pipeline.
UPI’s scope of services included:
- Site specific FEED
- Detail design
- Plan for the construct of a new meter station capable of flowing 180 MMscfd initially with ability to expand to 600 MMscfd.
Gas flows from the Alliance Pipeline system to a new delivery point in Will County, IL. UPI designed and installed a meter station facility design to include meter and control valve skids, designed to accommodate future expansion. A skid-mounted electrical building complete with satellite and UPS was also required.
The site consisted of:
- Filter separator, Condensate drain tank complete with load out station and the inlet header shall be sized for future flowrate (600 MMscfd)
- Meter skid, complete with enclosure to include 12-inch Ultrasonic meter for normal design operation and a 2-inch Coriolis meter for utility gas;
- Control valve skid
- Gas Chromatograph (GC) will be included within the meter enclosure
- Commercial power supply
- Station piping, valves, and fittings
- Re-alignment of existing access road.
The work for the Jackson Generation Meter station was broken down into two phases, site specific FEED and detailed design.